What does your knuckle show?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
Just to gain some knowledge…
I took my knuckles to the sandblaster, then I painted them with aluminum paint.
I notice mine have “QC” stamped in the knuckle when they were made.
Was there a difference between a “RC” and a “QC”? I thought the knuckles were thesame for both. Or, maybe my thought of what a “QC” that is stamped into the knuckle is wrong.

Anyone have a picture of what a “RC” knuckle looks like?

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpeg
    IMG_1147.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 9
Just to gain some knowledge…
I took my knuckles to the sandblaster, then I painted them with aluminum paint.
I notice mine have “QC” stamped in the knuckle when they were made.
Was there a difference between a “RC” and a “QC”? I thought the knuckles were thesame for both. Or, maybe my thought of what a “QC” that is stamped into the knuckle is wrong.

Anyone have a picture of what a “RC” knuckle looks like?
Damn guy your find all kinds of things about Body parts .. from Nuts to knuckles hahahaha !

I have a QC and if it stops raining I’m going to see f mine have a giant QC on them .. I have no idea about the RC’s …. Maybe Wifey can get down on her knuckles and see what the Queen has lol

So turns out the spindles are different between SRT RC & QC. 04-05 (2006 gets weird) RC spindles are the same, with QC spindles having a different part number. As the alignment specs for both the RC & QC are the same, as well as using the same SRT specific LCA's, I would surmise that it is height related as to where the hub sits (how high) in the spindle. RC's are lowered from the factory whereas QC's pretty much have the same height as regular 1500's.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 135812.jpg Screenshot 2024-07-17 135642.jpg

As you can see, the RC (body code 61) p/n's match.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 135621.jpg

[SBP] is the code for 'performance steering' as opposed to just regular power rack steering [SBA]. That's how you can tell the SRT specific ones vs run of the mill 1500 stuff.

So turns out the spindles are different between SRT RC & QC. 04-05 (2006 gets weird) RC spindles are the same, with QC spindles having a different part number. As the alignment specs for both the RC & QC are the same, as well as using the same SRT specific LCA's, I would surmise that it is height related as to where the hub sits (how high) in the spindle. RC's are lowered from the factory whereas QC's pretty much have the same height as regular 1500's.

View attachment 66914 View attachment 66913

View attachment 66912

[SBP] is the code for 'performance steering' as opposed to just regular power rack steering [SBA]. That's how you can tell the SRT specific ones vs run of the mill 1500 stuff.
Uh ohh! The sixes are lurking!!

Damn guy your find all kinds of things about Body parts .. from Nuts to knuckles hahahaha !

I have a QC and if it stops raining I’m going to see f mine have a giant QC on them .. I have no idea about the RC’s …. Maybe Wifey can get down on her knuckles and see what the Queen has lol
Hahahaha!

Interestingly enough, your p/n (5290337AC) comes back as a 2006 QC spindle in general internet search but not in the parts listings.

Ironically it turns out that p/n set (336AC & 337AC) are the spindles I got 14 yrs ago:

DSC00296(1).JPG DSC00296.JPG

Geeez! Thanks for the visual I had no idea that's where it was located o_O

Waiting for Knuckles to post again lol

He still hasn’t posted pics of the truck on the truck of the month or voted

I know! Maybe he hasn't seen it!

Hahahaha to busy with nuts and holes and now he's knuckling down :eek:o_O

And he has two trucks he can post up either I've both! We're not even that picky about it lol lol

So turns out the spindles are different between SRT RC & QC. 04-05 (2006 gets weird) RC spindles are the same, with QC spindles having a different part number.

View attachment 66912
Just so I fully understand, is a “spindle” and a “knuckle” the same part (i.e. the thing that holds the hub/bearing on)?

Also where do you find the rest of those sales code as shown in your post? That is pretty handy…

This could be correct - it's from Google search lol

CED89952-5839-4946-A479-874F97D88986.jpeg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back